Galaxy Zoo 2 Author Poster
We’ve been meaning to do this for a while now and the Zooniverse Advent Calendar gives us the perfect excuse: the Galaxy Zoo 2 author poster. The poster shows the Sombrero Galaxy (M104) made up of the 51,000 names of Galaxy Zoo 2 volunteers who gave permission for us to display their names. Every person named on this poster has classified at least one galaxy and thus been a part of Zooniverse history.
You can download the smaller version (6.5MB) or the larger 7000 pixel version (25MB). You can take these posters and do what you like with them – print them, create wallpapers etc. You can also access the full list of names at http://zoo2.galaxyzoo.org/authors if you want to get a better look at the list.
If you do anything fun with these images or data, then please get in touch and share it via the comments section below.
UPDATE: Thanks to some eagle-eyed users we noticed that we were missing a few names (about 16,000!) so the poster has been updated. The Galaxy Zoo 2 Authors page will be update tomorrow. Sorry for the mix up but I think we have it right now.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
- RT @KarenLMasters: Today I'm attending #mptl2017. Speaking about #citizenscience and #bigdata in astrophysics teaching - @sdssurveys and @… 1 week ago
- RT @wildjod: Tonight the amazing #citizenscience crowd @gsc1 classified 1130 galaxies with @the_zooniverse @galaxyzoo #everybeadisagalaxy… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NGC3314: 10 yrs ago #OTD: @hannyvanarkel asks @galaxyzoo forum "what's the blue stuff?", discovers @HannysVoorwerp. Outcome has been in… 1 month ago
- RT @AnnaKWeigel: Go check out my paper on major merger mass functions and the merger quenching process using @galaxyzoo data: https://t.co/… 1 month ago
- RT @kevinschawinski: On astro-ph today: do major mergers even matter for galaxy quenching? Take by @AnnaKWeigel using @galaxyzoo https://t.… 1 month ago