Galaxy Zoo 2 Author Poster
We’ve been meaning to do this for a while now and the Zooniverse Advent Calendar gives us the perfect excuse: the Galaxy Zoo 2 author poster. The poster shows the Sombrero Galaxy (M104) made up of the 51,000 names of Galaxy Zoo 2 volunteers who gave permission for us to display their names. Every person named on this poster has classified at least one galaxy and thus been a part of Zooniverse history.
You can download the smaller version (6.5MB) or the larger 7000 pixel version (25MB). You can take these posters and do what you like with them – print them, create wallpapers etc. You can also access the full list of names at http://zoo2.galaxyzoo.org/authors if you want to get a better look at the list.
If you do anything fun with these images or data, then please get in touch and share it via the comments section below.
UPDATE: Thanks to some eagle-eyed users we noticed that we were missing a few names (about 16,000!) so the poster has been updated. The Galaxy Zoo 2 Authors page will be update tomorrow. Sorry for the mix up but I think we have it right now.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
- RT @NGC3314: This Zoo Gems target is a post-starburst galaxy collected by @galaxyzoo participants. twitter.com/spacetelelive/… 1 month ago
- RT @StarFortress: One of my favorites galaxies from the @galaxyzoo project to find barred galaxies with Galaxy Zoo 3D. I bet the night ski… 1 month ago
- RT @NGC3314: Green Pea from @galaxyzoo ! twitter.com/spacetelelive/… 2 months ago
- RT @aussiastronomer: Side on disk galaxy with a nice central budge and a very cool warp. 11/10, would classify with @galaxyzoo again. #wera… 2 months ago
- Obviously the original @the_zooniverse project is the best right? ;) Nothing beats a classic. twitter.com/aussiastronome… 2 months ago