Galaxy Zoo 2 Author Poster
We’ve been meaning to do this for a while now and the Zooniverse Advent Calendar gives us the perfect excuse: the Galaxy Zoo 2 author poster. The poster shows the Sombrero Galaxy (M104) made up of the 51,000 names of Galaxy Zoo 2 volunteers who gave permission for us to display their names. Every person named on this poster has classified at least one galaxy and thus been a part of Zooniverse history.
You can download the smaller version (6.5MB) or the larger 7000 pixel version (25MB). You can take these posters and do what you like with them – print them, create wallpapers etc. You can also access the full list of names at http://zoo2.galaxyzoo.org/authors if you want to get a better look at the list.
If you do anything fun with these images or data, then please get in touch and share it via the comments section below.
UPDATE: Thanks to some eagle-eyed users we noticed that we were missing a few names (about 16,000!) so the poster has been updated. The Galaxy Zoo 2 Authors page will be update tomorrow. Sorry for the mix up but I think we have it right now.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
- Radio Galaxy Zoo studies cluster environment impact on radio galaxy morphologies
- Galaxy Zoo wins the RAS Group Achievement Award
- Happy 5th birthday Radio Galaxy Zoo!
- Active galaxies illuminating their companions – Galaxy Zoo identifies cross-ionization
- Radio Galaxy Zoo: what radio lobe shapes tell us about the mutual impact of jets and intergalactic gas
- RT @greentempleton: Join Dr Becky Smethurst (@drbecky_ ) from @OxfordPhysics for an enthralling talk at @greentempleton about the groundbre… 1 month ago
- RT @chrislintott: Thank you to the @RoyalAstroSoc for this award! So good to have the whole Galaxy Zoo team and community recognised. https… 2 months ago
- RT @LucyFortson: Great to hang out with @kwwillett who visited many of the @galaxyzoo team at the #AAS233 https://t.co/g6aUw1ZGC9 2 months ago
- RT @NGC3314: Alex Szalay gives shout-out to @galaxyzoo and @HannysVoorwerp in #AAS233 plenary talk on data-intensive astronomy. 2 months ago
- RT @AndreaWiggins: @evoecolab @Lea_Shanley In my dissertation on citizen science, I reviewed lit on people’s science, community science, ci… 4 months ago