We’ve been meaning to do this for a while now and the Zooniverse Advent Calendar gives us the perfect excuse: the Galaxy Zoo 2 author poster. The poster shows the Sombrero Galaxy (M104) made up of the 51,000 names of Galaxy Zoo 2 volunteers who gave permission for us to display their names. Every person named on this poster has classified at least one galaxy and thus been a part of Zooniverse history.
You can download the smaller version (6.5MB) or the larger 7000 pixel version (25MB). You can take these posters and do what you like with them – print them, create wallpapers etc. You can also access the full list of names at http://zoo2.galaxyzoo.org/authors if you want to get a better look at the list.
If you do anything fun with these images or data, then please get in touch and share it via the comments section below.
UPDATE: Thanks to some eagle-eyed users we noticed that we were missing a few names (about 16,000!) so the poster has been updated. The Galaxy Zoo 2 Authors page will be update tomorrow. Sorry for the mix up but I think we have it right now.
- RT @AstroMelina: The project @galaxyzoo 3D needs 8,000 drawings of spiral arms to reach 100,000 drawings by volunteers. You can help here… 2 days ago
- RT @vrooje: Well done fellow @galaxyzoo team members (including our awesome volunteers)! twitter.com/BadAstronomer/… 2 days ago
- RT @AstroMelina: On Sunday I did submit this object with 9 observations (other 5 are from 2015-02-19) to the MPC. A @galaxyzoo volunteer di… 4 days ago
- Results from your classifications in the news today. :) twitter.com/royalastrosoc/… 4 days ago
- RT @AstroMelina: Galaxy Zoo: 3D did reach 90,000 drawings. 🎉 Only 21,000 drawings until the project reaches 100%. Here the a very symmetri… 6 days ago