Galaxy Zoo 2 Author Poster
We’ve been meaning to do this for a while now and the Zooniverse Advent Calendar gives us the perfect excuse: the Galaxy Zoo 2 author poster. The poster shows the Sombrero Galaxy (M104) made up of the 51,000 names of Galaxy Zoo 2 volunteers who gave permission for us to display their names. Every person named on this poster has classified at least one galaxy and thus been a part of Zooniverse history.
You can download the smaller version (6.5MB) or the larger 7000 pixel version (25MB). You can take these posters and do what you like with them – print them, create wallpapers etc. You can also access the full list of names at http://zoo2.galaxyzoo.org/authors if you want to get a better look at the list.
If you do anything fun with these images or data, then please get in touch and share it via the comments section below.
UPDATE: Thanks to some eagle-eyed users we noticed that we were missing a few names (about 16,000!) so the poster has been updated. The Galaxy Zoo 2 Authors page will be update tomorrow. Sorry for the mix up but I think we have it right now.
About The ZooniverseOnline citizen science projects. The Zooniverse is doing real science online,.
- Check out this blog post by @tompeterken presenting his results based on Galaxy Zoo and Galaxy Zoo: 3D data -… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Science team Telecon this morning. We’re discussing bars quenching star formation, the cool images coming out of Zo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cardiffPHYSX: The latest #PythagAstro podcast sees @chrisenorth and @zemogle discuss a slowly-rotating Sun (as recorded by the Moon), c… 1 month ago
- We've launched the brand-new mobile version of Galaxy Zoo! Find it under the "Space" section on the Zooniverse app.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @spacecasper: Need to kill a few minutes in line at the grocery store? Stop using twitter and do #citizenscience instead. @GalaxyZoo has… 1 month ago