Galaxy Zoo on the Naked Astronomy Podcast
The July 2012 of the Naked Astronomy podcast includes an interview I did with them (at the UK National Astronomy meeting this spring) about Galaxy Zoo and why it’s such a great way of learning about galaxies in the universe.
About karenlmastersProfessor of Astronomy and Physics at Haverford College, USA (also 20% Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation, University of Portsmouth). Project Scientist for Galaxy Zoo. Spokesperson for the Sloan Digital Sky Survey. Busy having fun with astronomy!
- RT @AndreaWiggins: @evoecolab @Lea_Shanley In my dissertation on citizen science, I reviewed lit on people’s science, community science, ci… 3 weeks ago
- We still have quite a lot of spirals needing marking to help @MaNGASurvey with their science goals. Join in. :) twitter.com/KarenLMasters/… 1 month ago
- RT @KarenLMasters: Nice write up of @the_zooniverse history in @AstronomyMag @galaxyzoo and @tingard ‘s Galaxy Builder get a mentio… 1 month ago
- RT @chrislintott: Congratulations to Dr @kruksandor who just successfully negotiated his viva on @galaxyzoo bars. (Seen here signing the ce… 1 month ago
- RT @NGC3314: This Zoo Gems target is a post-starburst galaxy collected by @galaxyzoo participants. twitter.com/spacetelelive/… 3 months ago